Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter fun!



We had a great Easter. It all began Saturday with decorating Easter eggs. The kids dressed in their paint shirts, picked their favorite color, and off they went. I don't know how it is at your house, but at ours if you don't drop the egg in the cup so it cracks and splashes the dye on the table, you're not doing it right. Paxton would put an egg in wait about ten seconds, say "It's done!" and try to remove it. Or there was always trying to put multiple eggs in at the same time. After we had successfully dyed the eggs and our fingers, it was clean up time.

We then proceeded to my parents house for an Easter dinner with family. We had a nice ham, potatoes, jell-o salad, and veggie dinner. Then it was time for the egg hunt. The moms quickly went outside to hide eggs when I noticed my brother-in-law just watching so I handed him a bag to start helping. I thought it was a good idea to have him help since there were over 100 eggs to hide, that was until he "hid" them his way. He picked up the first egg and threw it up onto the upper lawn. When it hit the ground the egg popped open and all the candy went flying. I stared at him in surprise, I never thought he would hide them that way. I admit, part of this was my fault. I handed him the bag of eggs, I thought he would hide them like a woman would, and I didn't take the eggs back until after he threw the second one. Lesson learned, I will never do that again. After all the eggs were hidden, the kids quickly found all of them in about a third of the time it took us to hide them. They couldn't wait to open them up and see what was inside.

Then Sunday morning the kids woke up and were able to find the dyed Easter eggs which originally the bunny forgot to hide. (Luckily the Easter bunny had woken with a headache at 5 am and remembered to hide them.) The kids quickly found the eggs and moved on to search for their baskets. They were so excited to see what they had received and all the candy they would soon be eating. The rest of the day was spent attending church and spending time with our family.

No comments: