Lincoln's arrival
With each delivery, with the exception of Gavin, something eventful has happened whether it was a cord wrapped around the babies neck twice with a knot in it, the placenta ripping away from the wall before delivery, or a heartrate falling and the doctor not being able to get it back up so we were happy to know everything would be planned out this time. We arrived at the hospital for our scheduled c-section in anticipation of meeting our new little one. After getting all prepped and waiting for what seemed like forever we went into the surgery.


Out came our sweet little boy who quickly decided to show he was a boy peeing all over the operating room table. They quickly weighed him in where he again peed all over the scale. The nurse quickly wisked him and Jimmie off to the nursery leaving me alone to be pieced together. :(

Soon after I began to feel light headed. I informed the nurse when I was in the recovery room how I was feeling and she assured me that it was just a normal part of surgery. An hour and a half later they wheeled me into the room I would be in for the remainder of my stay. I informed the nurse who took my vitals that I was really light headed and she just smiled. After she took my temperature she said I was cold. I told her I was actually hot, I mean seriously can't she see how good looking I am? She said no, you're really cold and showed me the thermometer that read 93.5. She quickly ran to get four more blankets which she piled on top of me. I was monitored for another hour where my temperature dropped to 92.3. By now I knew something was wrong because my vision was going in and out. The nurse brought in the "bear hug" which is a blanket connected to a hose that fills with hot air to warm the person beneath it. I had to stay under that blanket until the next morning and kept having my temp. taken over and over. It took until the third day for them to finally get my temp up to 96 degrees. By the time I was discharged on the fourth day we hit 98.1 which we were all quite excited about. The weirdest part of the whole experience was that I felt really hot and was sweating even though my temperature was so low. I am really grateful for the amazing nurses who kept a close eye on me and made sure I had a full recovery. Now I feel really good and am recovering better than I did after Paxton's c-section. We are grateful Lincoln is here and had no complications and I am doing great.



4 comments:
Oh Kim! I'm glad everything got better for you. What a weird thing! Also, leave it to you to make a surgical shower cap look good. Not fair. :)
ah, scary... Glad things got better and you have a super cute little guy!
Congrats Kim. I heard about your temperature ordeal from Casey, through Jimmy. Glad you are okay. Beautiful Baby!!!
That is so scary! I am so happy that everything turned out okay. That little Lincoln is adorable! Congrats!
Post a Comment