Sunday, March 8, 2009

What time is it?


"Wake up Mommy, it's morning time," Paxton says as he comes into our room this morning. I climb out of bed and we begin our Sunday morning routine to get to church by 9:00. After we're all dressed and ready to go I quickly help two of our kids practice their talks for Primary, grab our things and head towards the door. Perfect timing, or so we thought. Jimmie picked up his cell phone and noticed it said 9:35. He then asked, "Did we not change the clocks for daylight savings?" "Oh no, was that last night?" I asked. "Hurry kids, get in the car!" We had forgotten to move the clocks ahead so the kids had now missed their talks. The kids were mad at us but Jimmie and I got a good laugh. And for everyone in Primary, I just want you to know we had two really good talks written. I ask that when you call to remind us that our kids have talks the next day, also remind us to move our clocks!

6 comments:

Cate said...

we were late to church too, we forgot about changing our clocks!

The Johnson Crew said...

What!? Talks!? :) I think it is so funny your kids always have talks.

Jenn said...

hahaha! I shouldn't laugh- one of these days it could happen to me!

Zach and Erika said...

I wondered how many people would do that! I'm just surprised that i remembered to turn my clocks. Funny!

Jenn J. said...

Good to see that a ward split doesn't affect the Nelson family talk tradition. It just wouldn't be Sunday if a Nelson child wasn't giving a talk! I'm glad they rescheduled them. It's comforting to know the Nelson kids are still being appreciated.

This is hilarious. Hope you got your clocks all straightened out.

Shill and Company said...

Okay, I thought for sure that this was going to be a post about going and buying High School Musical 3 the second that it was released...I really got a chuckle out of this one!!!