Saturday, November 3, 2007

When it rains, it pours

How come it seems like everything bad happens all at once. Last Thursday I took Paxton and Gavin in for their well checks. Everything was great, they were growing fine and are healthy. We left the appointment, ran to a couple stores and then, feeling bad that they had had a bunch of shots, I decided to take them to lunch. We walk up to the door and as I pull it open it goes over Paxton's foot and slices the end of his toe. He is screaming and bleeding. I then call the doctors office back to see if we need to come in for a tetanus shot and they say they need to check it. We run back to the doctors office where luckily he didn't need stitches or a shot, just a bunch of surgical strips to keep it together until it heals.

Then on Tuesday I decided that since it was UEA break that we would spend the day doing fun Halloween stuff. We turned on Halloween music, made cute candy corn men, played Halloween bingo and a couple other Halloween games I have. Then I asked if the kids wanted to color some pumpkin pictures. They said yes so I ran upstairs to make copies while the kids danced to the music. Right as I sat down to the computer I heard Jayden scream. He said he was walking backwards when he tripped over Paxton, who had decided to lay down and roll around to the music, and hit his elbow on the floor. He could extend it and move his fingers so I thought with a little ice and some time it would be okay. By that night he was still in pain and didn't want to move it so we went to the doctor. After them questioning multiple times how it happened, a few x-rays, and a half cast splint thing we walked out knowing he had fractured the bone in his arm just above his elbow. We have to go in again for more X-rays on Monday but they are hoping it will just have to be immobilized for three weeks to heal. I can't believe the kid that goes through half a gallon of milk a day broke his arm hitting it on the carpet! I think I should call our home builder and complain that the upgraded carpet pad we purchased doesn't work and that we want a refund. We just hope Jayden's arm heals correctly and quickly.

2 comments:

Jenn J. said...

Paxton-1, Jayden-0... I guess you never know when you'll trip over a rolling three year-old. It could happen to anyone. Kudos to you for being a fun mom... even if it did land you in the doctor's office.

I hope Paxton's toe is feeling better soon too. You guys need to just stay home for awhile. :)

Jenn said...

Poor guy-- but how cool!!